Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)
Employment Practices Liability Insurance focuses primarily on protecting against claims of wrongful termination, discrimination and harassment, but can also cover a host of other wrongful employment actions. An employer is more likely to have an EPLI claim than a liability or property claim. In the past 5 years, 60% of organizations have been sued for discrimination or harassment.
SUMMARY OF COVERAGE
- Discrimination – Defined broadly to include all types
- Sexual & Non-Sexual Harassment – Assault & Battery part of Sexual Harassment
- Wrongful Employment Decision/Act – Termination (actual & constructive), wrongful demotion, wrongful evaluation/discipline, failure to hire, failure to promote, intentional interference with contract, misrepresentation
- Personal Injury including but not limited to defamation (libel/slander), infliction of emotional distress or mental anguish, humiliation, false imprisonment, invasion of privacy
- Breach of implied employment contract
- Breach of covenant of good faith/fair dealing
- Specifically covers violation of: public policy, Family Medical Leave Act, Uniformed Services Employment Act
- Specifically covers: breach of employees’ civil rights, wrongful deprivation of career opportunity, failure to grant tenure, negligent hiring
Based in San Gabriel, California, The John L Raya Insurance Group understands the business insurance needs of our clients. Please call us at 626-570-8611 or email us today to find out how to protect your business.
Need an insurance quote? Get in touch!
Access quotes from California's most trusted insurance carriers. It’s comparison shopping at the click of a mouse.