Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)
Employment Practices Liability Insurance focuses primarily on protecting against claims of wrongful termination, discrimination and harassment, but can also cover a host of other wrongful employment actions. An employer is more likely to have an EPLI claim than a liability or property claim. In the past 5 years, 60% of organizations have been sued for discrimination or harassment.
SUMMARY OF COVERAGE
- Discrimination – Defined broadly to include all types
- Sexual & Non-Sexual Harassment – Assault & Battery part of Sexual Harassment
- Wrongful Employment Decision/Act – Termination (actual & constructive), wrongful demotion, wrongful evaluation/discipline, failure to hire, failure to promote, intentional interference with contract, misrepresentation
- Personal Injury including but not limited to defamation (libel/slander), infliction of emotional distress or mental anguish, humiliation, false imprisonment, invasion of privacy
- Breach of implied employment contract
- Breach of covenant of good faith/fair dealing
- Specifically covers violation of: public policy, Family Medical Leave Act, Uniformed Services Employment Act
- Specifically covers: breach of employees’ civil rights, wrongful deprivation of career opportunity, failure to grant tenure, negligent hiring
Based in San Gabriel, California, The John L Raya Insurance Group understands the business insurance needs of our clients. Please call us at 626-570-8611 or email us today to find out how to protect your business.